Frequently asked questions
1. Can I apply directly to Avalon?
No. We only accept new applications and investments through an adviser. This is because Avalon does not give advice and does not accept execution-only business. Existing customers may be entitled to open an investment with Avalon, however we strongly recommend that advice is always sought from a qualified, FCA-authorised adviser.
2. How many funds does Avalon deal in?
Through our Freedom products, investments can be made in a large number of investment types including OEICs, unit trusts, investment trusts and Exchange Traded Funds. Any funds or instruments used are subject to our internal investment controls which may vary from time to time.
3. What is the minimum that can be invested in one fund?
For lump sum investments the minimum amount per fund is £500. For monthly investments, the minimum amount per fund is £40, with a minimum investment of £80 per month.
4. Does Avalon offer a switching service?
Yes, and we don’t charge for switching funds. The only cost is the cost of purchasing new, selected investments with the fund management companies chosen.
5. How much money can I subscribe to my Freedom ISA?
From 6 April 2016, investments up to £15,240 in the Freedom ISA can be made less anything invested in a Cash ISA in the same tax year.*
6. Can I transfer my Cash ISA to Avalon?
Yes. A Cash ISA can be transferred into the Freedom ISA.
7. What is the maximum subscription limit for a Junior ISA?
The maximum subscription limit for this tax year (2016/2017) is £4,080.*
8. Can I use the Freedom Portfolio to drip-feed cash into a Freedom ISA?
Yes. Please contact our office for more information on applications.
9. Do you accept ISA Transfers?
*Laws and tax rules may change in the future without notice. The information here is based on our understanding of the current tax rules. This information takes no account of your personal circumstances which may have an impact on tax treatment.